We all need a diet that is high in protein, as protein is an imperative nutrient our body needs for its healthy functioning. Interestingly, a protein-rich diet is more favorable for people who are fitness conscious or are more towards healthy eating.
Apart from fitness and health perspective, protein is also essential for the building up of muscles. It is for this reason; bodybuilders and athletes consume foods that have abundance of this nutritional element.
Besides, foods like these are a good source of energy, no matter if these are consumed in smaller quantities. So, if you are struggling to gain some muscle mass or are looking forward to slash some lbs from your weight, here are some protein-rich foods you must consider adding in your diet chart!
FAIR SOURCES OF PROTEIN:
- SOY MILK: Soybeans are a good source of soy milk, which is ultimately, a good source of protein! According to the experts, 3.5 ounces of soy milk can supply you a total of 3.3 grams of protein, fair enough to add in your diet chart.
- SKIM MILK: The protein content of skim milk is no different than that of soy milk. 3.5 ounces of skim milk contain a total of 3.4 grams of protein, thereby; you can also take skim milk for the protein purpose. Those who like skim milk can take it directly and those who are not really fond of its taste can add it in some cereal and take it along. Or what about a flavored milkshake?
- BEANS: The protein content in beans is double than that of skim milk and soy milk. Any normal beans can supply you a good amount of this imperative nutrient. You can simply take it as a side dish or can pair it with eggs in the morning, for a more energetic and charged day ahead. Of course, the best about beans is the fact that this nutritious packed food can be enjoyed with anything or with nothing at all!
- LENTILS: As compared to beans, lentils are richer in protein. 100 grams of this pulse will load your body with around 9 grams of protein. So, take it with your rice or, soup? So, simply get yourself a fat-free Greek yogurt and enjoy it as a nutritious snack!
- GREEK YOGURT: This particular type of yogurt has the most of protein to offer. That’s surprisingly right! Interestingly, 3.5 ounces of Greek yogurt can ‘benefit’ you with a total of 10 grams of protein!
- COTTAGE CHEESE& EGGS : Well, 100 grams of this dairy item can deliver you some 12.4g of protein. Good enough to enjoy with your salads or sandwiches!
Eggs, the best you can start your day with, offer 13g of this nutrient, in every 100 grams serving! So, take it the way your taste buds allow! Fry it or boil it, or take it in the form of French toast; the scrumptious yet nutritious breakfasts to kick start your day!
GOOD SOURCES OF PROTEIN:
- ALMONDS: 5 ounce of this nutritious-packed food offers 21.2 grams of protein! Yes, that’s called a pretty good source of protein. Enjoy almonds in the roasted form or take it through some cookies! You know, you have countless of options here!
- SHRIMPS: Shrimps deliver similar amount of protein than that of almonds. This sea food item is not just mouth watering, but has great nutritional value too. Add it in your salads, rice, or take it the way your taste buds allow!
- PEANUT BUTTER: Well, peanut butter is a worth adding food in your breakfast meal. Simply enjoy this rich source of protein paired with some egg-based dish for a healthier and nutritious meal. The duo will keep you fuller for longer!
- CHEDDAR CHEESE: The kind of cheese offers 25 grams of protein, through a 3.5 ounce of serving. It tastes good and is high in nutritional value. Simply add it in your sandwiches or sprinkle it on your scrambled egg for more delectable taste.
- LOW-CALORIE MOZZARELLA: The kind of cheese too, is high in protein and is a nutritious food source to incorporate in the diet. According to experts, low-calorie mozzarella has the most protein content, as compared to the other cheeses with every 3.5 ounces possessing 28.5 grams of protein.
RICH SOURCES OF PROTEIN:
- PUMPKIN SEEDS: Being highly nutritious, this super-food can supply you a whopping 30 grams of protein through every 100 grams. In addition to this, it provides some very essential minerals to your body. Example includes iron, phosphorus, copper zinc etc. Pumpkin seeds can be taken as nutritional-packed snacks; however, if you want to add more taste to these, you can roast them.
- TUNA FILLET: The protein content in tune filler is similar to that of pumpkin seeds. As you know, the kind of fish is highly consumed by masses. You can take tuna in several forms, like in steak or through salad etc. Tuna, when taken through salads, serves as an excellent, nutritious meal. Not just it will supply you with some very essential nutrients, but will also give you a feeling of satiety, as compared to a salad that is solely based on vegetables. The list of health benefits, associated with tuna is a bit long. But to mention a few, tuna is good for your cardiovascular health, whilst, has the power to strengthen your immune system.
- TURKEY: When it comes to protein, turkey has the same amount of content to offer than that of pumpkin seeds. Apart from supplying high amount of protein to your body, turkey is an excellent source of B vitamins and iron. Despite having great nutritional value, it is low in fats. Turkey can be taken in several forms, for example in baked form or in sandwich etc.
- CHICKEN: Nutritional elements of this food are no different than that of Turkey. Because of its high protein content, chicken is the best food for all the fitness fanatics. Surprisingly, 100 grams of chicken can deliver 32 grams of protein to your body. Prepare it the way you like, that is, roast it, cook it or boil it. It will serve to be the nutritional food for your body.
So, these were the fair, good and rich food sources of protein for you to benefit from! Apart from helping you get in shape, these foods will work to give an excellent boost to your overall health! All thanks to their nutritional elements!